Friday, April 8, 2011

Mail Time!

Guess what we got in the mail yesterday...


It's a shower invitation!  And y'all, I can hardly contain my excitement -- Eep!Squeal!Do-the-happy-dance!  My FSIL really hit it out of the park (again).  I love the styling, with the bright bold colors and the distinctly casual, modern feel.  Not to mention that the whole co-ed setup is so very 'us.'  And of course the thoughtfulness of her, Mr. NM's mom, and Mr. NM's aunt is enough to make me wanna burst from all the pride and anticipation I feel about becoming, well, another branch of their family tree! 

I'm a little nervous about being a guest of honor, so I'll be happy to share that spotlight with Mr. NM.  Of course, now the pressure's on to find a fabulous dress to rock at the shower.  Even though FSIL's wedding shower was 3 years ago, I still remember the incredible outfit she wore that day, and it's a lot to live up to in my mind.  (Side note: I'm totally aware that no one else will know of this comparison except me.  But since I am me, it clearly totally matters.)  Thankfully I've been a little clothes crazy lately, so hopefully it won't pose that much of a problem.  Full post on curvy girl clothes craziness coming soon!

So tell me, have you ever been to a co-ed shower?  If so, how did it compare to a single-sex shower?  If not, is there anything appealing to you about a co-ed shower?

2 comments:

  1. That invitation is so colorful and cheery! Cute!

    We had a co-ed bachelor/bachelorette party. It was nice because we rarely party separately, and my husband was there to take care of me when I got completely wasted and forgot who/what/where I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, those are gorgeous!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.