Saturday, April 2, 2011

In Love With Ombré

I might be a little late to the game when it comes to this ombré thing, but now that I'm here I've certainly become a ridiculously huge fan.  From my extensive research it's clear to me that one cannot dare to write the words "ombré" and "wedding" in the same sentence without including an obligatory picture of Gwen Stefani's wedding gown.  So here is my offering to the ombré wedding gods.


With that out of the way, I can now freely admit that my ombré craze truly had nothing to do with the incredible Ms. Stefani.  Actually, I don't have the slightest clue when exactly this love affair began.  All I know is that one day I was clicking through some inspiration pictures on my computer and noticed I'd saved a fair amount of images containing color gradients.  Once I realized that, I began searching more earnestly to see how we could make ombré work for our wedding. 

First up, a potential pièce de résistance.  I know it's not a wedding dress (as painfully evidenced by the fact that the image I'm linking to below is from a homecoming dress site...  ouch!), but it could be, right?  A mind-blowingly phenomenal, non-traditional, show-stopper of a wedding dress?  It makes my heart skip a beat...


But wait, there's more!  Don't for a second think that the ombré goodness would have to stop there!


 

 

 

 


 


 

 


Clearly we could ombré-fy our wedding from top-to-bottom: apparel, accessories, linens, gifts...  everything!  The key, of course, would be to use just a few choice items - enough to make a statement, but not so many that the statement ends up being, "LOOK AT US, WE HAVE AN OMBRE THEME!  EVERYTHING IS OMBRE!  DID YOU NOTICE IT?  HUH?  DID YOU?  I KNOW YOU DID!"  Because...  uhh...  that's just... sad... and embarrassing.

In any case, it's not like ombré would be the only thing going on at our wedding.  We're also rocking that super chic mix of black, white, and gray patterns I've talked so much about, and we clearly wouldn't want to overshadow that.  (Not that it would even be possible to do so.)  So maybe I'll limit the ombré to that one stellar dress...

Have you come across any inspiration image that really took your breath away?  And have you found any particular idea that you knew you just HAD to incorporate into your wedding, even if you weren't quite sure how to do it? 

3 comments:

  1. That cake! My heart just fluttered. I love the look of ombre, I don't think I've seen this around in weddings really. It would be really interesting to see this as part of a subtle wedding decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words on the cake and to Ms. Meticulous for posting it! We, Superfine Bakery, are so pleased to be published here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not my first time to go to see this website, i am visiting this web page dailly and obtain pleasant data from here
    all the time.

    Here is my webpage online roulette

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.