Sunday, April 10, 2011

Curvy Girl Clothing Sites

Maybe it's because our engagement shoot is rapidly approaching.  Or maybe it's because I've started to think about packing for our honeymoon.  Or maybe it's because I have to start dress shopping soon (seriously, I know, I have to).  Whatever the reason, I've been spending a ridiculous amount of time lately thinking about clothes. 

I won't whine about it again here, though I will reiterate that shopping can be tough when you're a curvy girl.  But courtesy of a very slow day at work on Wednesday, I've finally pulled my head out of the sand and gone into full-fledged plus-size fashion research mode... and *!whoa!* is there a lot more out there since the last time I looked!  Granted, the last time I looked for new clothes resources was several years ago, but that just makes me even more ecstatic to see all these fashionable, age appropriate, and relatively affordable options!  So get ready, all my curvy ladies.  With the list I'm about to lay out for you, I guarantee you'll be able to find fabulous frocks for a shower, photo shoot, wedding, honeymoon, or any other occasion under the sun. 

(Clicking the links will take you to the product page.)

              {Macy's}           {Target}              {Avenue}            {Lane Bryant}             {Torrid}             {Gap}

        {Old Navy}      {Asos Curve}       {City Chic}      {Dorothy Perkins}         {missphit}             {lucielu}


     {Fashion to Figure}    {Monif C.}      {Apple Bottoms}        {SimplyBe}       {Forever 21+}         {eShakti}


     {Carmakoma}      {Size Appeal}            {evans}              {Style369}               {Igigi}      {ShopTranslated}

A few notes:  Several sites offer free shipping AND free return shipping.  All of the European sites ship to the US.  Sometimes there's a 10-20% discount for first-time shoppers or if you sign up for email notices, so keep your eyes peeled for those offers.  Apparently the Forever 21+ line is available in some stores, but not all.  If I'm not mistaken, the Gap and Old Navy plus size lines are exclusively online at this point, though sometimes you can make returns in the stores.  eShakti offers customization options for the neckline, sleeve length, and hem length on nearly all their items for only $7.50/item.  And last but not least, Igigi has a bridal line!  Want proof? 


{source - Igigi Celine Wedding Gown, $375}

There's some serious *swooning* happening over on this side of my computer screen.  I have a feeling my credit card is soon going to be in a world of hurt...

So curvy girls, have any of you shopped at any of these places before or do you have any fav plus size stores that I neglected to mention here?  If you have any words of wisdom, speak up now so I can maximize the impending financial ruin! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! That wedding down is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding gown is beautiful! The list of plus size dresses you put up is amazing, so many to choose from! I love the maxi dress from Shop Translated so I went to the site. I found another dress I liked better, but they were already sold out : (

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks in support of sharing such a good idea, piece of writing is
    good, thats why i have read it fully

    Have a look at my web site ... roulette online

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.