Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Buffet of My Dreams

A few days ago I finally dragged all of our dessert buffet components out of storage so we could finalize our dessert list and then get to gluing all those stands together.  First I needed to lay them all out so we could decide which plates went with which bases, but our dining room table wasn't sufficient for this since it's not even close to the 8-foot length of our venue tables.  Imagine my surprise (and extraordinary luck, I might add) when I found out our window seat is exactly 8 feet long! 


Mr. NM preferred a more random look, but the meticulous part(s) of me just couldn't handle it.  I *love* symmetry, so I just HAD to evenly arrange the designs of the top plates.  I did throw him a bone a teensy bit by mixing up the black/white bases somewhat, and even that just about stretched me to the limit!  Once I squeeze a little E6000 onto these babies, they'll be good to go.

And what will be displayed on top of these awesome stands, you ask?  Oh, just let me tell you...
  • small decorative (fondant?) cake - to go in the center for our cake cutting
  • caramel cake
  • lemon cake
  • chocolate cake
  • white cake
  • apple pie
  • berry pie (cherry? strawberry?)
  • cheesecake
  • mint chocolate cookies
  • sugar cookies
  • whoopie pies or oatmeal cookies
  • mint cookies
  • peanut brittle
  • donut holes
  • brownies
  • rice krispy treats
Sixteen stands = sixteen desserts.  Mmmm....  I so can't wait for this wedding!  We're also considering scattering mini cupcakes around the stands if it looks like we won't have enough servings, but I kinda think we're going to be okay.  Now the only question is how to acquire all of those desserts.  I could bake them myself, delegate some of the baking responsibility to other people, buy them, or do some combination of all those.  Whatever way we go, I still can't fathom how all of this stuff will get from our house to our venue.  We're talking boxes and boxes of stuff plus a boatload of desserts. 

Ugh...  I'll think about that another time.  For now, only happy thoughts about 16 dessert options!

What desserts would you choose if you were going to create a dessert buffet?  Would you try to please everyone, or just pick your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. SIXTEEN DESSERTS?!?!?!?!?! That. IS. AWESOME! And the set up looks really, really good - classy and stylish. I like!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.