Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Favorite Wedding Planner

You probably thought this post was going to be about my search for a wedding planner, right?  Bzzz - wrong, try again.  Why in the world would you think that with a post titled "My Favorite Wedding Planner?"  I mean, seriously... 

No, this post is not about a professional (upper case) Wedding Planner, though it is about a beloved (lower case) wedding planner.  Given the gravity of my last post, I felt the need to have a moment of gratitude for someone who has been an amazing, surprising bright spot for me in the planning process.  This person is someone whose interest, enthusiasm, and advice have given me some of my happiest moments of wedding planning by far.  I can't help but smile when I'm around her, and she's seriously one of my favoritest people on the planet.  In fact, she's so special to me that I asked her to be a member of my bridal party. 

{You remember Jr. Party Person M, don't you?}

Not to put my other Party People to shame, but I'm pretty sure she's generated more ideas, asked more questions, and looked at more dresses (for her and for me) than anyone else associated with this wedding.  Every time I see her it's clear to me that she does a lot of thinking about the wedding in between our visits.  One time she told me she thinks we should have a cotton candy maker as part of our dessert buffet, and she knows a church up the street that might rent theirs to us.  She scours the internet for potential dresses she could wear that are a "reasonable" price (her words, not mine).  I still have the drawings she did of potential wedding attire for her and her little brother (our flower boy/ring bearer). 

{"funky pattern sash" = *swoon*}

We once spent hours together on the David's Bridal website while she looked for bridal gowns that weren't too glitzy or too plain, but just right - and she got frustrated that she couldn't find what she was looking for!  There's no way I could get away with shopping for dresses without her, nor would I want to.  She already knows exactly what she's going to bring with her when she stays in the hotel suite with me and the other Party People the night before the wedding.  (Her plans for us include individual frozen pizzas from Trader Joe's before bed, and spa treatments and room service the morning of.)  She also was super excited to find out, and to tell me, that her braces were coming off before the wedding!  And I'm not even kidding when I say that's just a small sampling of her involvement thus far.


The way her eyes light up when she talks wedding stuff melts me to my very core.  Her excitement is palpable and it's contagious.  Her father told me he thinks she's more excited about the wedding than I am, and I'm sure that's true sometimes.  I love that!  And of course I have even more of her excitement to look forward to in the future because she's already started selling me on her incredible babysitting skills.  :-)  I adore her.  And on this day, like so many others, I'm overwhelmingly grateful to have her in my life. 

Are you lucky enough to have a favorite wedding planner like I do?  I hope everyone does!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh my gosh this is SUCH a cute post! Your wedding through the eyes of a little one. So much fun! I love the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if i were getting married - my 5 yr old Niece would be mine - ADOROABLE!!!

    ~LAST DAY 2 JOIN CUSTOM SIGN GIVEAWAY~

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiny Wedding Planners are the cutest! My niece (3.5 at wedding) was SO thrilled with all the details, the dresses, her flag- which she spent HOURS practicing with and then she fell asleep right before the actual ceremony! Poor thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.