Saturday, December 25, 2010

Making Our Save the Dates, Part 3 (Materials, Resources, and Costs)

I know I always appreciate crafty blog posts where people spill the beans on the behind-the-scenes details like resources and costs for everything.  So here's my contribution, in hopes that it will help you in your craft journeys!  I'm including the costs for *everything* because, if you're anything like me, you'll want to stock up on craft supplies pre-wedding-crafting so that they don't have to be included in your wedding budget!  (I'm only half really not at all kidding.)

Keep in mind that some of these items I already had in my craft space, and some I purchased specifically for this project.  Almost everything can be reused for other projects, and I had leftovers of the paper and envelopes that could possibly come in handy for other wedding crafts.  When calculating the total cost and cost per invite, I will only count the materials I had to purchase specifically for this project.  All prices are taken from Amazon.com when possible.  You may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

Materials on hand:

Bosskut Gazelle Digital Cutter - $430



Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine - $72



EK Success Dotto Permanent Adhesive Dispenser - $11



Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive Dispenser - $6



Quickutz "Rings" Embossing Folder - $6



Xyron XRN510 (5") Creative Station with Permanent Adhesive Cartridge - $34



EK Success Adhesive Remover - $4



Fiskars Rotary Paper Trimmer - $17


Purchased for this project:

Cardstock - 100 pack of 8.5"x11" Stardream 105 lb. Cover in Anthracite  (70 sheets remaining) from http://www.envelopemall.com/ - $22


Envelopes - 100 pack of Stardream Metallic A-6 Envelopes in Silver (40 left) from http://www.envelopemall.com/ - $15 (plus $9 shipping for cardstock and envelopes)


Stock Skyline Image - Full Size JPEG (15 mpix) purchased online from pixmac.com - $12.60



 Photos - 55 4x6 photos with matte finish from http://www.yorkphoto.com/ - $5 (including shipping)


Stamps - $24.20 for 55 forever stamps



Total Cost of Materials Purchased - $87.80

Cost Per Card (including postage) for 55 cards - $1.60

Wow - that's the first time I've calculated the cost per card, and I'm flippin' floored!  You can't even buy a greeting card for that amount, much less buy it and ship it!  WoooHooo!  Feelin' good, feelin' oh so good...

And now it's your time to spill the beans with ME - so what are your go-to locations (online or brick-and-mortar) for good deals on craft supplies?

1 comment:

  1. Love your STD! I'm an avid crafter and want to create both our STD nd invites. I havea Cricut and cannot wait to tackle all these projects. Yours will serve as a fantastic example and inspiration - plus and excuse to buy a xyron and die cutter. haha! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.