Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'Tis the Season to be Stressed Out

It's been 6 days since my last blog post, which is the longest I've gone between posts since I began this blog.  Why the hiatus, you ask?  Because I'm freakin' stressed out, that's why!  I adore this time of year - chilly winter weather, early darkness that showcases gorgeous seasonal lights, holiday music on every station, and an excuse to do a lot of shopping for the important people in my life.  It all adds up to one month of every year that feels unabashedly magical to me.







For me, all of that holiday joy comes with a hefty dose of holiday stress.  Winter weather means being prepared for cold and rain.  Early darkness means shorter days which means it's harder to wake up in the morning and/or get things done at night.  There's no downside to holiday music.  But the gifts... that's another story.  I think gift giving is an art form, and in my book more is more.  More is even more-est if it's also touching and meaningful.  With a gift list of no fewer than 28 people, that's a lot of time and energy I'm putting into finding/making thoughtful gifts.  Now can you understand my heightened stress level? 



Engaging in all this blissful/stressful holiday preparation has really gotten in the way of anything and everything wedding-related including blogging, craft time, planning talks, and just generally thinking about it at all.  We just barely got our save the dates out before the holiday madness began (tutorial post on those upcoming, I promise), but since then it's been all silent on the wedding front.  I seriously don't know how people have weddings in the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's.  I know they do, because my cousin just got married last weekend back in Georgia.  But that's a level of dedication I can only dream of. 





So for all of you out there who are getting married this time of year - kudos to you!  I am beyond impressed!

What stresses you out around the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.